- Jennifer learned that too much is spent on corporate teaching without much to show for it.
- Restructuring for long and frequent periods of time does more harm than good.
- People get beat up when too much change hits them.
- Jennifer wrote about resilience and how to come back. She figured out how to create strategy sessions that create alignment.
- What’s the story that only I can can tell?
- The characteristics for resilient people are the same as the characteristics for resilient organizations.
- Jennifer’s number one habit is knowing her purpose in every situation before she goes into it.
- If you try to bounce back, by the time you’ve bounced back everything has changed.
- There is no ‘back’ to bounce to.
- Resilience is about moving forward and getting through destructions so you come out stronger and more elevated.
- It’s hard to create resilient organizations if individuals aren’t resilient.
- You must know how clear and aligned are individuals to an organization and its framework.
- To build resilience…
- Have a framework!
- Resilience is about mindset and the choices you make.
- It’s almost impossible to stand up if you don’t know what you’re standing on.
- You NEED to know this without a shadow of a doubt.
- The NUMBER 1 thing to build resilience is figuring out what you stand for, what you stand on, and what your core beliefs are.
- Check out Jennifer’s book, Resilience: It’s Not About Bouncing Back
Jennifer Eggers’ Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is huge. It’s about prework vs rework and how willing you are to be prepared and get clear ahead of time.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? She talks to other people that care. One day of the week, she has complete downtime.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Her biggest connection is her co-author.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “It’s all life.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? She wants to make life in corporations better. She wants work to be less stressful and more fulfilling.