LeaderShift Insights®, Inc.
LeaderShift Insights® has extensive experience creating alignment with disparate stakeholders at some of the most successful and recognized brands in the world. We provide expertise in aligning and developing organizations and leaders, identifying, prioritizing and driving the capabilities needed to drive strategy, enabling sustainable change, and setting projects up for success so you can drive breakthrough results.
“We help you clarify the real issues and get them on the table where they can be solved. Because you can’t solve what you’re not talking about.”
President, LeaderShift Insights®
The LeaderShift® Story
In 2007, after over 15 years in senior corporate and consulting roles, Jennifer Eggers founded LeaderShift Insights® and created the antidote for two major problems in organizations that are still true today.
The first is that restructuring initiatives frequently drive more disruption than revenue. The second is that leadership development, for all its expense and good intentions, rarely develops leaders and almost never drives business results. As a result, Jennifer decided to leverage her operational background and extensive experience coaching and developing leaders to fix this for her clients, and she and her team did it in a way that neither the business or Human Resource community had ever seen before.
"LeaderShift's programs turned everything we knew about corporate training up-side down" - Mike Fitzgerald, SVP Talent Management at State Bank
LeaderShift Insights® provides leadership development that drives ROI and a fast, collaborative, customer centric organization design process that created structures that grow and scale (and wouldn’t need to be rebuilt every year) while minimizing disruption. Today, this proven best in class approach is called RapidOD. It is our approach to holistic organization design.
"Our entire company has more courage because 15 people went through this program." Shawn Boom, CEO Vanco Payments
Jennifer also built strategic partnerships with University of Georgia Executive Education and with the Adaptive Leadership Network at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. She is an advanced practitioner in Adaptive Leadership, and nearly all LeaderShift's® programs find their roots in this work.
After working with hundreds of organizations going through disruption, in 2015, Jennifer began researching, speaking and writing about resilience. This work dovetailed with LeaderShift's® approach to creating alignment and we started talking about what we believe is the number one skill required by leaders today. The initial keynote became a 2.5-day life-changing workshop and in 2019, in partnership with Cynthia Barlow of C3 Communications, Jennifer coauthored Resilience: It's Not About Bouncing Back. The book is about how leaders and their organizations can build resilience before disruption hits. The book became an international bestseller in less than 3 weeks, six months before the pandemic created more disruption that we'd ever imagined possible.
“We wouldn’t be where we after these last 3 years without this book.” JoAnn VanJura, General Manager, Sapphire Software Solutions
The past 3 years have seen an increasing demand for senior level coaching and high stakes meeting facilitation, particularly at the board level. Today, our coaching is focused on the c-level, executive integration, and advisory for senior leaders tackling large new challenges.
Working with us, LeaderShift Insights® clients have achieved amazing results:
- Mayo Clinic - identified a growth agenda to dramatically grown their lab business.
- AvMed HealthCare - redefined their strategy, reorganized the business around the capabilities required to deliver the strategy, created an HR shared service center, and set the organization on a path to increasing results in a challenging market
- Home Depot - defined capabilities and structure for their newly merged “creative and on-line” businesses to leverage unique customer facing capabilities that better position the organization, aligned around a capability model for their talent management organization, developed their IT security team, and restructured a large piece of their communications team
- Independent Bank, State Bank, J.M. Huber, Americold, Cox Media and many more, equipped leaders with the adaptive leadership skills to not only survive the chaos of the market but to thrive and grow
- J.M. Huber - held a conference for 120 Finance executives from 20 countries that increased their capacity to adapt to change and disruption
- J&J Vision - launched squad teams to create a unified end to end approach to product management, stood up an incubation center for a significant new product
- Mathematica – created a 15-year strategy, capability model and investment roadmap that aligned senior leadership and the board of directors
- BIC – stood up a Revenue Growth Management function and has continued to strategize to contribute hundreds of millions to the organization in 3 short years
- Fin Tech company - aligned around their strategy, eliminated silos and achieved a $1B goal a year early
And in our executive coaching practice...
- The CEO of a large not for profit cancer research foundation transformed the culture and equipped the organization to sustain results after its founder stepped aside.
- Three business unit Presidents at major multinational companies (along with many others) have been promoted after the work they did through coaching
- A Senior Director created an product incubation center that is launching a revolutionary new product
- An International Head of Sales turned her career completely around and was promoted to a major P&L
- The CFO of a large paper company improved working relations with his team and peers
- An SVP stood up a marketing center of excellence
We are at the front lines working with our clients by equipping them with the skills and tools to deliver exceptional business results. Experience and adaptive leadership enable us to serve our clients and help them unravel tough issues that hinder results.
We Are Not Those Guys
We are not consultants. At least the ones you think you know.
If you’ve worked with the shiny suits and been left with binders instead of tools your team is excited to use, we feel you. We’ve been there and we will never be that firm.
We won't take up space in your conference rooms or wander your halls fishing for work or talking to your boss about you.
We Are You
We have been in your shoes. Literally.
We’ve endured those endless leadership meetings when all we wanted to do was get things done. We know the itch of wasted time, resources and potential.
We won't waste your time.
What We Do
We won’t tell you what to do. Our process will guide you to figure it out.
We offer proven, research-backed tools and processes that enable you to do more with the same resources you already have. Your expertise applied to our process accelerates solutions and unravels the tough issues getting in the way of results.
We won't recreate what you've already done. We leverage that as a starting point to propel you farther.
You know your business. We won’t insult your intelligence or change things for change’s sake.
Our job is to bring our proven (battle tested), research-backed tools and processes to enable you to move forward faster while creating alignment and increasing your team's capacity to deal with disruptive change.
We build solutions in collaboration with you, so they stand up long after we are gone.
We speak “executive” in kitchen English.
How We Are Different
Once issues are understood, we’ll push you to stop admiring the problem and dispense with the analysis paralysis that gets people swimming in circles so you can get things done. We would rather go live with 90% than see a client miss an opportunity waiting for perfection. Most of our clients are building the ‘plane’ while flying it. We’ll meet you there.
Who We Work With:
Mid-large size organizations
We work with corporate leaders and teams facing disruption who want to improve their capacity to adapt so they can emerge stronger and more effective faster. We have worked in 11 countries and over half of the United States.
Working with Us, Our Clients:
- Increase revenue and profit
- Accelerate strategy execution
- Build higher performing teams
- Break down silos
- Get aligned and on the same page
- Do more with less
- Ensure that structure drives strategy
- Increase organizational resilience
In times of disruptive change and digital transformation, challenges are more complex, global, and cross-functional. Leaders must develop skills to think and act differently to mobilize people and create alignment.
Working with Us, Our Clients:
- Increase their ability to drive performance through others
- Build high performing cultures
- Demonstrate leadership breakthroughs
- Are better at mobilizing people
- Make progress on multiple issues
- Solve quantifiable cases
- Invite dissent to create alignment
- Are more resilient people
- Change perception
- See the big picture (strategy)
Leadership Teams & CoHorts
With nearly 3 decades of experience working with leadership teams, corporate boards, and development cohorts, we help them get on the same page, align around strategy and tactics, surface and resolve cross-functional challenges, and drive large-scale change.
Working with Us, Our Clients:
- Demonstrate visible courage
- Drive accountability
- Improve change effectiveness and teamwork
- Save cost and increase revenue
- Resolve cross-functional issues
- Better engage their boards
- Are clear on what to focus on next
LeaderShift Insights® Values
We value and model self-care and build that into projects and scheduling.
Equip The Client
(Don't move in)
We teach leaders to execute without us. Doing our job right makes us obsolete. We are on-site when we need to be, but won’t tie up a conference room or wander your halls trying to sell work and talk to your boss about you when we don’t.
Quite simply, we create alignment. Our sweet spot is in getting your leadership team and organization on the same page, aligned to your strategy, priorities and, most importantly, to your customer.
We don’t like ‘consulting speak’. We get to know you, use your lingo and ideas that are understandable in your world.
We would rather go live with 90% than miss an opportunity waiting for perfection. We are resourceful and scrappy, but we don't do shoddy work. Many of our clients are building the ‘plane’ while flying it. That’s our airspace.
We grew up as business leaders. Nothing gets your attention like managing a P&L to create solutions that are workable where they’re needed.
Once issues are understood, we’ll push you to stop admiring the problem so you can get things done.
We adjust our approach and solution to your unique organization. If you want cutting edge solutions, we’re there with you. Baby steps? We can do that too.
You employ smart people to lead your company and leveraging them is often the most positive path forward. We help get them unstuck and bring in expertise to unravel the tough issues so you can get results.
We work with champions. We won't do things we know won't work or don't believe will be successful, for any fee.