The LeaderShift® Story
Nearly 13 years ago, after over 15 years serving in both senior corporate and external consulting roles, the vision for LeaderShift Insights® sprung from two major realizations by the firm's founder.
The first was that organizational restructuring initiatives most often drove more disruption than revenue. The second was that leadership development, for all its expense and good intentions, rarely developed leaders and almost never drove business results. As a result, Jennifer decided to leverage her operational background to turn the way organization alignment and leadership development have always been done up-side down in a way that neither the business or Human Resource community had ever seen before.
"Jennifer's programs turned everything we knew about corporate training up-side down" - VP Talent Management at State Bank
Jennifer first met and began working with several members of the LeaderShift® team at Arthur Andersen’s Business Consulting practice in Roseland, NJ. The practice was instrumental in the emerging topic of change management and organizational learning, and collaborated extensively with Peter Senge at MIT. Jennifer’s focus was on reengineering and process improvement, primarily with merger integration. After leaving Arthur Andersen, Jennifer held several leadership roles in both corporate and consulting in Human Resources, Organization & Leadership Development and Learning. She was instrumental in the design and execution of large scale talent management and succession programs at AlliedSignal, Bank of America and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
A tipping point occurred in 2007 when Jennifer grew frustrated after holding leadership roles at AlliedSignal, Bank of America and AutoZone. By then she had seen literally hundreds of leadership development programs that didn’t deliver a dime of ROI and countless restructuring initiatives that drove more disruption than revenue. She founded LeaderShift Insights® to provide leadership development that drove ROI and a fast, collaborative, customer centric organization design process that created structures that grow and scale (and wouldn’t need to be rebuilt every year) while minimizing disruption.
If history is any indicator of experience, the LeaderShift Insights® team has traveled hard roads and with their clients achieved amazing results.
- Mayo Clinic we partnered with leadership and identified a growth agenda to dramatically grown their lab business.
- AvMed Health we redefined the business strategy, created a $125 million investment roadmap, reorganized the business and set the organization on a path to success
- Home Depot we worked with leadership to define the creative and on-line function to leverage unique customer facing capabilities that better position the organization.
- Independent Bank, State Bank, J.M. Huber, Americold and Cox Media we lead programs that equipped leaders with the adaptive leadership skills to not only survive the chaos of the market but to thrive and grow
- At J.M. Huber we lead a conference for 120 Finance executives from 20 countries to increase their capacity to adapt to change and disruption
- Other clients include Johnson & Johnson, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Ingredion, WEG Electric, Delta Airlines and University of GA.
We are at the front lines working with our clients by equipping them with the skills and tools to deliver exceptional business results. Experience and adaptive leadership enable us to serve our clients and help them unravel tough issues that hinder results.