The LeaderShift® Story
In 2007, after over 15 years serving in both senior corporate and external consulting roles, the vision for LeaderShift Insights® sprung from two major realizations by our founder, Jennifer Eggers.
The first was that organizational restructuring initiatives most often drove more disruption than revenue. The second was that leadership development, for all its expense and good intentions, rarely developed leaders and almost never drove business results. As a result, Jennifer decided to leverage her operational background to turn the way organization alignment and leadership development have always been done up-side down in a way that neither the business or Human Resource community had ever seen before.
"Jennifer's programs turned everything we knew about corporate training up-side down" - Mike Fitzgerald, VP Talent Management at State Bank
Jennifer first met and began working with several members of the LeaderShift® team at Arthur Andersen’s Business Consulting practice in Roseland, NJ. The practice was instrumental in the emerging topic of change management and organizational learning, and collaborated extensively with Peter Senge at MIT. Jennifer’s focus was on reengineering and process improvement, primarily with merger integration. After leaving Arthur Andersen, Jennifer went on to hold senior leadership roles in both corporate and consulting in Human Resources, Organization & Leadership Development and Learning. She was instrumental in the design and execution of large scale strategic planning, talent management, succession, and executive development programs at AlliedSignal, Bank of America and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
A tipping point occurred when Jennifer grew frustrated. In her corporate career, she had seen literally hundreds of leadership development programs that didn’t deliver a dime of ROI and countless restructuring initiatives that drove more disruption than revenue. She founded LeaderShift Insights® to provide leadership development that drove ROI and a fast, collaborative, customer centric organization design process that created structures that grow and scale (and wouldn’t need to be rebuilt every year) while minimizing disruption. Today, this proven best in class approach is called RapidOD. It is our approach to holistic organization design.
Jennifer built strategic partnerships with University of Georgia Executive Education and with the Adaptive Leadership Network at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. She is an advanced practitioner in Adaptive Leadership, and nearly all of LeaderShift's® programs find their roots in this work.
In 2015, after quite a bit of soul searching, Jennifer began her original research, speaking and writing about organization resilience. This work dovetailed with LeaderShift's® approach to creating alignment and the team recognized a need to start talking about what we believe is the number one skill leaders need today. The initial keynote became a 2.5 day workshop and in 2019, in partnership with Cynthia Barlow of C3 Communications, Jennifer coauthored Resilience: It's Not About Bouncing Back about how leaders and their organizations can build resilience before disruption hits. The book became an international bestseller in less than 3 weeks, six months before the COVID pandemic created more disruption that we'd ever imagined possible.
"Our entire company has more courage because 15 people went through this program." Shawn Boom, CEO Vanco Payments
With the pandemic came an increasing demand for coaching and high stakes facilitation, particularly at the board level. LeaderShift® added to our product line and quadrupled in size. Today, our coaching is primarily focused on the c-level, executive integration, and business advisory.
If history is any indicator of experience, the LeaderShift Insights® team has traveled hard roads and with their clients achieved amazing results.
- Mayo Clinic we partnered with leadership and identified a growth agenda to dramatically grown their lab business.
- AvMed Health we redefined the business strategy, created a $125 million investment roadmap, reorganized the business and set the organization on a path to success
- Home Depot we worked with leadership to define the creative and on-line function to leverage unique customer facing capabilities that better position the organization.
- Independent Bank, State Bank, J.M. Huber, Americold, Cox Media and many more, we continue to lead programs that equipped leaders with the adaptive leadership skills to not only survive the chaos of the market but to thrive and grow
- At J.M. Huber we lead a conference for 120 Finance executives from 20 countries to increase their capacity to adapt to change and disruption
- At J&J Vision we launched squad teams to create a unified end to end approach to product management.
- At Mathematica, we facilitated the creation of a 15 year strategy, capability model and investment roadmap that aligned senior leadership and the board of directors.
- At a large not for profit cancer research foundation, we helped the new CEO transform the culture and equip the organization to sustain results after it's founder stepped aside.
- Other clients include Johnson & Johnson, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Ingredion, WEG Electric, Delta Airlines, BIC, Highmark, Drexel, Conduent, and University of GA.
We are at the front lines working with our clients by equipping them with the skills and tools to deliver exceptional business results. Experience and adaptive leadership enable us to serve our clients and help them unravel tough issues that hinder results.